We are what we eat. It’s true! Our body is hugely supported by the food we intake. Proteins are building blocks for muscles, cells and play a vital role in balancing insulin levels; carbohydrates provide fast burning energy and fats slow burning energy. It’s my mission to break down nutrition into plain English and tailor a treatment plan to meet your income and health needs.
When working with me on nutritional therapy we will utilize a wide variety of both Western and Eastern knowledge, tools, and resources to come up with the best plan for YOU! My only rule with food (and most things in life) is “everything in moderation.” I don’t believe in diets, I want to support you in lifestyle changes that will make for a more energized, healthier and happier you!
What my practice can offer you
My practice places importance on your personal health advocacy and collaboration on the creation of sustainable treatment plans, because let’s face it – there isn’t a magical one time fix – so I’m here to provide stepping stones to a happier, healthier, more calm and productive you.
I like to treat a variety of patients, but my expertise lies both in digestive health – let’s heal your gut – and in treating women from puberty through menstruation, fertility, sex health, pregnancy, post-natal and pediatric care, menopause and beyond.
My Training, Certifications, and Licensure
- Masters of Oriental Medicine, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Dec 2015
- Completion of over 3,000 hours of training (including 740 hours of supervised clinical experience) in Oriental medicine foundational theory, acupuncture point location, diagnostic analysis and treatment strategy, needling techniques, needling safety, medical asepsis and risk management, tui na massage, Chinese dietary therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, ethics and professionalism, Western anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, nutrition, and pharmacology.
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)®, through the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. This is the highest level of national certification possible in the profession.
- Clean Needle Technique (CNT) Certified, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist in Minnesota, Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Reiki Level I, Touch of Light Wellness, February 2016
- Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Corepower Yoga and Yoga Alliance, 2010
- Restorative Yoga Certification, Yess Yoga, June 2016