Like many budding acupuncturists, I’ve been where you may be now – survival mode. I was tired, disconnected, unhappy, and constantly having weird symptoms show up year after year. Time felt like it was being sucked into a stress vacuum.
I went through the ringer of treatments from Western Medicine to Chiropractic, Kinesiology, supplementation, pharmaceuticals and many tests. They all held important information and provided some insight, but I never left feeling complete. Enter Traditional Chinese Medicine, and other complementary therapies, such as, Yoga, Reiki and the most basic of them all – listening to my gut. These tools made me empowered. Chinese Medicine made me feel the most seen as a whole being.
What my practice can offer you
My practice places importance on your personal health advocacy and collaboration on the creation of sustainable treatment plans, because let’s face it – there isn’t a magical one time fix – so I’m here to provide stepping stones to a happier, healthier, more calm and productive you.
I like to treat a variety of patients, but my expertise lies both in digestive health – let’s heal your gut – and in treating women from puberty through menstruation, fertility, sex health, pregnancy, post-natal and pediatric care, menopause and beyond.
My Training, Certifications, and Licensure
- Masters of Oriental Medicine, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Dec 2015
- Completion of over 3,000 hours of training (including 740 hours of supervised clinical experience) in Oriental medicine foundational theory, acupuncture point location, diagnostic analysis and treatment strategy, needling techniques, needling safety, medical asepsis and risk management, tui na massage, Chinese dietary therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, ethics and professionalism, Western anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, nutrition, and pharmacology.
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)®, through the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. This is the highest level of national certification possible in the profession.
- Clean Needle Technique (CNT) Certified, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist in Minnesota, Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Reiki Level I, Touch of Light Wellness, February 2016
- Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Corepower Yoga and Yoga Alliance, 2010
- Restorative Yoga Certification, Yess Yoga, June 2016